Working with us
CDS recruits into our team at three (3) levels:
- Senior level- qualified professionals with over 10 years of relevant experience
- Mid level - professionals with 4-10 years of relevant experience
- Junior level -professionals with up to 3 years of relevant experience
If you are interested in joining us, and there are no current vacancies you can send us your CV on the following address: email@example.com
Senior Program Specialist
Health Management &
The CDS Health Management and Research (HM&R) program has been running since 1990 with an inter- and multi-disciplinary approach seeking to bridge the gap between social science and health. Particular areas of expertise are Action Research to generate knowledge and develop understanding of the attitude of various population groups toward health-related issues, Enhancing Health Care Service Delivery and Health Planning.
The HM&R Senior Program Specialist is mainly responsible for project cycle management of projects and assignments implemented under this program; ensuring delivery against project objectives, as well as providing significant contributions in the expansion of the program's portfolio and clientele.
The Senior Program Specialist is required to work within the HM&R Program as well as coordinate with and provide assistance to other technical programs within the CDS as a whole.
This position reports directly to the HM&R Program Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The post-holder is primarily responsible for:
Project Design and Management
- Designing pre and post intervention assessments and baseline surveys;
- Preparing project technical documents including: detailed project work plans, log frames, periodic progress reports, performance monitoring plan for the overall duration of the project;
- Leading project field implementation and providing technical guidance to field teams, and monitoring all field work executed;
- Ensure project activities are in line with the policies and regulations of the donor organization and CDS;
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results
- Following up on administrative, technical, logistical work implemented by the program specialist.
Program development and program learning
- Supporting the HM&R Program Manager, as required, in all matters related to program expansion, strategic planning, and business development;
- Analyzing, reporting and sharing on lessons learnt work together with the teams to promote an organizational learning culture that contributes to greater organizational impact.
Reporting and proposal writing
- Assisting in designing new projects and research proposals, fund raising and resource mobilization for the HM&R program (including proposal writing), and ensure high quality donor and corporate reports are prepared in a timely manner
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis to the donor.
- Coordinating the work of consultants for development of the various technical products, including training curriculums, studies, and capacity building activities.
- Providing technical support to partners from the public, private, and civil society sectors.
Communication and Networking
- Developing and sustaining relationships with key professionals and NGOs engaged in the field of Health Management (especially in areas relevant to the project(s) being implemented)
- Promoting the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the CDS in general and the HM&R program in particular, and representing the organization/program in external events whenever required;
- Undertake other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the direct line managers and the Director of Programs.
- Educated to advanced degree level in a relevant discipline, including Master’s degrees in the social sciences or public health.
- A minimum of fiveyears of professional experience in the field of Health/Social Development with special focus on reproductive health, sexuality and HIV programs.
· Three to five years experience in the field of project coordination and management.
· Demonstrated track record of proposal and donor report writing.
· Experience in providing training and capacity building is an asset.
· Strong affiliation with CDS mission and core values.
- Excellent communication skills including fluent written and spoken in English and Arabic;
- A team player but also able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to take initiative and be flexible and adaptable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a structured manner and within multi-disciplinary technical teams;
- Ability and willingness to travel within and outside Egypt (mainly throughout the Middle East Region).
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Level of responsibility and salary commensurate with background and experience.
Internship with CDS
All information given in the CV will be treated in confidence.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in the Center for Development Services!